Plans and projects include:
· Conducting a membership drive to increase resident participation in the Association
· Identifying a site and develop plans for a community garden and park for residents
· Petitioning to reduce speed limits through the neighborhood
· Preparing an inventory of abandoned homes and businesses in the neighborhood
· Electing Street Captains to develop a Neighborhood Crime Watch Corps
The boundaries of the West End Neighborhood Association are Chestnut Drive on the north, N. Rotary Drive on the west, Lindsay Street on the east and West Point Avenue on the south.
The Association meets every first Tuesday at 6:00 pm at West End Ministries – 903 English Road.
West End was the first of the Police Department's award-winning Focused Deterrence Violent Crime Initiative sites and has seen a sustained crime drop of 37% over 5 years.
West End Neighborhood Association
The West End Neighborhood Association works closely with the City of High Point Police Department, the City of High Point Fire Department and High Point Community Against Violence to raise community awareness of drug and crime interventions which will keep households and the neighborhood safer for individuals and families.
They Association partners also with West End Ministries to offer programs and services which address the needs of residents. It’s focus is on re-organization, membership recruitment, crime watch, and neighborhood beautification.